Participants Briefing has been sent out via email, please READ carefully.
Click this link: Gravel Grind West participant brief 2023
Here is a Traffic notice and summary of expected times at various locations.
Traffic notice for Gravel Grind West weekend September 16th
On Saturday 16th September, Gravel Grind West will take to the by roads, borrieens and trails between Westport and Bellacorrick there may be some slight disruption to traffic in the following areas.
Cyclist start in 2 groups, the 145k participants start at the Towers Bar & restaurant the Quay Westport at 8am, heading for the Coast road in the direction of Rosbeg Rd, Belclare, Prospect, Tiernacroagha returning to the Quay for 9.30am
The 2nd group join them and they all pass through Westport House onto the Golf Course en-route to Carrowolly and Kilmeena taking the coastal roads and tracks to Newport for 10.20am
Food stop outside Hotel Newport. (some may stop)
The cyclists will be crossing the N59 onto the Greenway en-route to Derrada from 10:25 till 10:45am and will be using lanes, tracks and local roads around the Furnace/Srahmore/Letterkeen, Doogary, Letterlough and the Wild Nephin National park areas before returning to Westport for approximately 1pm to 3pm.
Motorists are advised to drive with caution and please keep an eye out.
Organisers are sorry for any inconvenience caused.
- Westport Quay area 7.30 to 9.20am
- Rosbeg Rd, Belclare, Prospect, Tiernacroagha, Owenwee from 8.10 to 9.10am
- Carrowolly, Castleleaffy,Myna Kilmeena 9.20 to 10.10am
- Newport 10.20-10.40am
- Derrada Furance areas 10.20 to 10.50am
- Letterkeen and Wild Nephin national park 10.30 to 2pm
- Fauleens, Derrygarve, Doogary, Letterlough Glenhest road 11.30 to 3pm
- Hotel Newport (Food stop) 10.10 to 11am
- Newport to Westport Greenway 12noon to 3pm
Please allow 1.5m when passing cyclists.